If you are in the process of planning a wedding, you know how stressful and overwhelming it can be. Ironically this stress comes from what is to be one of the happiest days of your life, so keep that in mind! Little problems or big problems may arise, but you need to go with the flow, resolve them, and remember that in the end your wedding will happen and you will be married to the person of your dreams. For those times where you are feeling the tension, try out the below fun ideas to help you relax and calm down your body and mind.
- Have a girl’s night out… or in! You need to have some fun during the planning of the wedding. When things start feeling stressful, why not have a girl’s night out to relieve some stress. Go out dancing, have some dinner, catch a movie. Or, just have your friends over for some drinks and some takeout. The key is to keep it low key.
- Why not take a long bath by candlelight and soak away that stress? Another great idea is to add a few drops of essential oil for some well-deserved aromatherapy. You will be amazed of what 30 minutes of pampering yourself will do!
- Read!!! Grab a good book and find a comfy spot outside or somewhere private in your house. Reading calms the mind and transports you to a different place.
- Have a date night! Do something romantic for your fiance. Go out to a nice dinner or have a dinner and movie night in. This will lift your mood and bring the focus back to you as a couple in love. Make it a rule NOT to talk about the wedding planning for the night.
- Exercise! Exercise will help to relieve stress like you wouldn’t believe. So, hit the gym or just take a long walk. It will get your endorphins flowing help you to feel better mentally and physically.
- Enjoy the great outdoors! Get outside and get some fresh air. Whether you build a snowman, do some gardening, hit the beach or lake this will energize you and give you a much-needed dose of vitamin D.
- Sleep. It sounds like a no-brainer but don’t take it for granted. Take power naps and make sure to get a good night’s sleep. Sleep will help with your mood, energy and focus.
I’m Renee and I like to write about stuff for women, including weddings and getting married, such as how to get fitted properly for your dress, making a wedding day checklist, and the best places to find wedding gowns for sale online.